Tuesday 16 December 2014

Fashions means business...

Hi all,

How many of you watch The Apprentice on a weekly basis?  I must say I am a huge fan of the show and have watched all ten series'.  Although the latest series' seem to be more about entertaining rather than business acumen it still is partly educational and the businesswoman inside me loves it.  I have been interested in business from a young age and studied it at school to the highest level.  My parents have had their own business for the last 25 years so I think that has also related to my interest. 

However, moreso than the business tasks themselves I love looking to see what the contestants wear each week.  Is it just me or have the contestants got more beautiful as the years have passed?  The women seem to be more glamorous than ever and the men are increasingly taking an interest in their appearances.  I can't wait til I'm a professional fashion/businesswoman so that I can too have the chance to wear smart, classy clothing.  Let's take a look at my favourite woman and man for style from the show this year...

So of course I think you can all guess the winning female is Irish beauty Roisin.  Every week without fail she dresses to impress and always manages to look professional and smart yet never over the top.  One of my favourites that she wears is her stunning baby blue blazer!  If you know me you'll know I love a pastel, and this blazer goes perfectly with the winter pastels trend.  I often add a blazer to an outfit as I think it just makes your outfit look so much more elegant.


Another favourite of mine is this white loose top with fitted pale blue midi skirt.  As I am getting older now (I'm going to be 20 in January omg!!) I feel like sometimes short skirts are not always appropriate.  And like Roisin I prefer to look classy as I feel much more comfortable wearing a midi rather than a mini.



Roisin also looks amazing in these two black fitted outfits.  The first she has worn on multiple occasions, the slimline midi skirt works perfectly with the peplum style top and the front zip detailing adds to the outfit.  The dress (right) fits her body perfectly and could be either dressed up or down to create a smart look.  All Roisins outfits are perfect for looking fashionable yet still professional in the office.  Her outfits are also practical for meeting clients, and travelling around.


So that takes me to my favourite male's style from series ten.  I hate to admit it but although he really annoyed me on the show he always looked smart and never boring.  Yep, you guessed it James - the cocky cockney who saw himself as a bit of a Del boy.



It's fair to say that his ties were as colourful as his behaviour.  Men can't really do too much when it comes to workwear its basically a suit - but its the way in which they accessorize the suit that is important.  James excelled most weeks and wore fitted suits that fitted well with his body shape, style and personality.  My favourite suit of his was the green/blue tartan one as seen below as it was quite subtle and relates to Scotland's heritage.  In my opinion there is nothing more attractive than if a guy  looks smart in suit.  James definitely fits the criteria with this one, the tartan suit, paired with the crisp white shirt and navy tie is certainly a winner!










Both Roisin and James and all the other contestants from this years show have shown the "Power Dressing" Vogue trend perfectly throughout the series.

Lord Sugar even tried to think outside the box with his latest boardroom attire.  Look at that matching tie and pocket!  It's so unexpected of him and so cute!


 
 
Although, I don't think he was best pleased when he turned up at the house to find the contestants still in their pyjamas.  Can he really pick one of them to be his business partner after seeing them like this?

So readers would you have chosen Roisin and James as the two best dressed contestants from this year?  Or if not who?  What are your thoughts on Lord Sugar's attempt at being more out there with regards to his fashion sense.

Let me know your thoughts, until next time...

Lots of love the bighearted brunette

xxx

all images  - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=the+apprentice+roisin&biw=1280&bih=929&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=uF2QVNHgDMuAU-HvgagL&sqi=2&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAw#tbm=isch&q=james+hill+the+apprentice&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=2vixp74kIHj0AM%253A%3BdnWLY0PAqlgVjM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.sheptonmalletjournal.co.uk%252Fimages%252Flocalworld%252Fugc-images%252F276417%252Fbinaries%252F3.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.sheptonmalletjournal.co.uk%252FApprentice-2014-reveals-visited-Royal-Bath-West%252Fstory-24572301-detail%252Fstory.html%3B460%3B254


No comments:

Post a Comment