Wednesday 12 November 2014

Fashion on the Corrie cobbles!

Hi all,
 
My next blog post has got to be on the fashion from my favourite Soap - Coronation Street!  I remember watching it from a young age and it has always been a programme that me and my family would sit down to watch.  What I love about Corrie is the fact that they have serious storylines yet they counteract them with funny ones.  The characterisation is also superb and is partly achieved by the costumes they wear.  Corrie has an excellent costume team - the head is Eve Salter, and she works closely with the talented seamstress Carmella Manzo. 
 
Have you ever seen someone wearing something on Corrie that you think WOW! I would love that?  Well I'm going to tell you where you can buy some of these items.
 
I have chosen the four most stylish ladies on the street (in my opinion) and here are some of the outfits they have worn that I love!
 
First of all Carla Connor played by Alison King - owns Underworld and is known for being a shrewd businesswoman.  She always looks smart, and tends to wear black, flattering clothing.  Her dressing is very in line with the power dressing and tailoring trends as described in Vogue.
 
I love this black feather print top worn by Carla in March of this year.  It is a wardrobe favourite of the character and can be found on the high street at Warehouse.
 
 
Next we have Eva Price played by Catherine Tyldesley - she is known for being a bright, bubbly character.  A bit of a drama queen and has a glamorous lifetstyle.  Her clothing style is very different to Carlas!!  Eva tends to wear very colourful clothing - and lets say she shows much more flesh. 
 
However, I have noticed in the last few months that her clothing has been a bit more subdued like this light pink girly coat.  The bow detailing is so cute!  Want to buy this coat?  You can find it at Miss Selfridge.

 
The coat is perfect for the "under wraps" trend as stated in Vogue.  Oversized, pastel coats are perfect for A/W14.
 
 
I couldn't do this post on Corrie without including the famous Tracy Barlow played by actress Kate Ford.  Known for her clever one-liners this character has a wicked streak you wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of. 
Just last week Tracy was supposed to get married to Rob - but it didn't happen.  However I couldn't help noticing the gorgeous dress she was wearing.  It wasn't something her character would usually go for as it exuded elegance and the lace detailing was so simple yet effective.  The wedding dress was designed by Suzanne Neville, from her Diamond Collection.  If the dress is too expensive for you then Debenhams have similar alternatives.
Finally Maria Connor played by Samia Ghadie is known for her bad track record with men and has always worked in the hairdresser.  Her style is quite girly, and fashionable.
 
A few months back she wore this light blue fluffy coat which I absolutely love!  The colour and the style of the coat will make any plain outfit classy.  If you love this coat as much as me you can acquire it from Topshop, bit pricey though at £123. 
 
Now for three Corrie stars that didn't quite get it right, especially Kylie Platt (Paula Lane) I don't think there are any words!!
 
 
 

 
 
Are Carla, Maria, Eva and Tracy the four most stylish characters on the street?  Readers let me know what you think.
 
lots of love the bighearted brunette
 
xxx
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment