Sunday 30 November 2014

The Style Factor

Hi all,

How many of you have been watching the latest series of the X Factor?  Okay, okay, I know it has become a bit tiresome and sometimes it feels like they are flogging a dead horse but come on what else is there to watch on a Saturday night? 
There are just two reasons I still watch the show number one:  I love singing and I always find myself singing along to any song that I know.  But more importantly reason number two:  the fashion debate every week between the female judges.
Over the years we've had Cheryl Vs Dannii, Kelly Vs Tulisa and Nicole Vs Sharon.  But this year its the turn of Cheryl Fernandez-Versini (why couldn't she have just stuck with Cole) and Mel B.  So who in my opinion has been victorious in the style stakes...

Cast your minds back to week one, Cheryl looked stunning in this black, glittering gown, definitely my favourite whereas Mel wore a white floor-length Alexander McQueen dress.  You know my feelings on classy, white dresses - I love them, however the black bow just ruins it for me.  The girls are both on trend with Christmas coming up as their gowns are perfect for a Christmas party!



Week two was all about colour for the ladies.  Cheryl was nicknamed Kermit by Simon as she wore this gorgeous green Lanvin dress.  On the other hand Mel looked pretty in pink in this Figure hugging Stella McCartney gown.  Mel takes this one for me as I love pink and I think it goes perfectly with her skin tone.  I feel the Lanvin shoulder detailing is just a bit too much for petite Cheryl.   

 
The following week the ladies dressed to impress.  Cheryl wore an old Hollywood inspired fishtail gown by Zuhair Murad.  While Mel opted for a red jumpsuit from high street chain Zara (well done Mel).  Mel was perfectly in line with Vogue's "Blood Lines" trend where its all about the brightest reds.
 
 
 

Week four saw Cheryl in an elegant dress that looked more like a piece of art.  Designed by Ziad Nakad she was so on trend with Vogue's A/W trend "Shadow Play", where the mainly sheer dress was decorated with delicate embellishment.  Mel opted for this silver and black gown - probably one of her best choices throughout the series as it fits her body perfectly.  However I think she went a bit over the top with her black eye make-up.

The week five results show saw the girls opting for pastel colours - a nice change from black.  Cheryl wore this lime, lace dress by Matthew Williamson, the butterfly detailing is so cute!  I love everything, from the dress to the shoes, and her hair looks stunning.  While Mel looks equally beautiful in this green, blue and white dress by Peter Pilotto.  Her slicked back hair makes her look even more elegant.

Finally, I couldn't not mention the girls on separate occasions owning the "power dressing" trend.  Cheryl looked so classy in her white suit, while Mel looked as though she meant business in her black choice.  And I LOVED when Mel selected this black skirt with nude poloneck.  As seen in Vogue polonecks are so in right now and she styled it perfectly.  Top Marks Mel!


So readers overall who's your favourite X Factor lady this year for style.  Are you on Team Cheryl or Team Mel?  Or do you love a bit of both?  Let me know what you think!

Lots of love the bighearted brunette

xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment